2. The offence of assault is included in Chapter-XVI “Offences relating to the human body”.
3. There is no physical contact in an assault.
4. Punishment: Three months or fine upto Rs. 500/-, or with both. (Sec. 352).
5. It is committed in private place.
6. A shakes his fist at Z, intending or knowing it to be likely that he may thereby cause Z to believe that A is about to strike Z. A has committed an assault.
7. Assault is concerned with the accused and victim.
8. In assault, the accused is only punished. The victim is not punished.
9. Illustrations: [write illustrations of see. 351]
1. Sec. 159 defines “Affray”.
2. The offence of Affray is included in Chapter- VIII “Offences against the Public Tranquility”.
3. There is physical contact and fighting between two or more persons.
4. Punishment: One month or fine upto Rs. 100/ – or with both. (Sec. 160).
5. It is committed in a public place.
6. Two or more persons fight with each other and disturb public peace in a public place.
7. Affray is not only concerned with the persons fighting, but also with public peace.
8. In affray, all the participants are punished.
9. Illustrations: [write illustrations of see. 350]